Sunday, June 12, 2011

PE1_iMovie


I have had the opportunity to explore iMovie for the past few months through experience with Full Sail.  However, I must humbly admit that the information and instruction provided through the lynda.com 11 Essential Trainings for iMovie 11 have been for more extensive than I anticipated.  After viewing many of the videos included in these trainings, I found a few to be most informative in my iMovie journey.  The first is the video about organizing events.  This video was most helpful to me as it addressed the importance of taking the footage that you have collected and prioritizing it (or as Mr. Chow says, rating it) based on its level of importance and usefulness.  When creating a video it is important that it is useful and entertaining to the viewer and rating the clips helps in this process.

When looking through the footage of one of the my clips of a class, I found a tremendous amount of uninteresting material to a viewer and was unclear about how to indicate the material was just that.  The tutorial on lynda.com taught me how to reject such footage so that it would not be used in the final video.

This part of the training, Organizing Clips, also spent a bit of time discussing how to split clips so to isolate the part of the clip that was critically important for use.



Last, but not least, this video simply helped me to separate the quality video from the junk so my product did not look like the attachment below.  This segment stressed the importance of ensuring that the product you presented to your audience was, indeed, a quality product and that we minimize any "distractions" such as footage that was not clearly aligned to the overarching goal of our video.

No comments:

Post a Comment