Sunday, June 12, 2011

PE3_iMovie

I successfully completed my training...



and I was pretty excited.  I was excited not only because I had completed the task, but I learned quite a bit in the process.  I learned about how to edit a video.  I learned how to crop a video.  I learned how to apply and manipulate the Ken Burns affects on a video.  I learned about transitions and how to apply them on a video.  I learned how to apply audio clips onto a video (as the one attached has a piece from Garage Band).  I learned how to publish a video to various social media and internet sources so that it can be found in a search (using tags) and viewed by many beyond our specific social circles.  I have not mastered the art of movie making through my participation in this training, but it has truly enhanced my ability to produce a professional looking video for educational and professional purposes.  In addition to my experience with the iMovie training, I was exposed to all of the other trainings available on lynda.com which I fully intend to take advantage of during the summer.





I hope you enjoy the sample video I provided.  It is a collection of the mobile demonstrations in the presentation given by my daughter's team at the Odyssey of the Mind World Competition.  The presentation had several different components (creativity, acting, etc), but the main goal was to have the mobiles, that were programmed by the students, complete their required tasks.  They were one of the few teams that did so successfully.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment